Should we make time for fun? Psychology Today
Psychology Today: 8 Ways to Make Your Life More Fun
This article addresses how to keep yourself from holding back from having fun.
It asks – “When is the last time you lived in the moment?”
- You’re worried about what other people will think – To quote Dr. Seuss: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Other people don’t worry about you as often as you think
- You think you need to spend money – Many communities offer low-cost activities to have fun with your friends and family.
- You think you don’t have time – You control how much time you spend on fun. You don’t need to block out an entire day. You can spend as little as 1/2 an hour.
- You think you need to plan it – Let things happen naturally. Let yourself experience last-minute get-togethers.
- You mistake solemnity for seriousness – Jim Morrison wrote, “No one gets out of here alive.” You can take something seriously and still inject some fun and humor into it.
- You think conditions have to be perfect – Allow yourself to be imperfect. Many fun moments happen when things go awry. Fun is what you make it.
- You’re Bored – If you are bored then you have made a choice to be bored. Make the changes needed to have fun.