A Review of the Hormone Diet
- Degree of Difficulty / 0= Extremely Hard, 100- Extremely Easy/ 10% 10%
- Level of Activity /0=Not included, 100= Activity is high/ 20% 20%
- Water Included in Diet /0=Not included, 100= Built into plan/ 0% 0%
- Maintenance Plan /0=No plan after initial weight loss, 100= Lifetime plan/ 0% 0%
The hypothesis for this diet is that hormone fluctuations have a negative effect on a person’s weight. The diet consists of a six-week, three-step process to sync hormones via diet, exercise, supplements, and detoxification.
Ease for Dieter*
- Getting hormones tested requires visits to the doctor, blood and saliva tests.
(*My impression is based on my research and how hard I think it would be to maintain for 1, 6, 8, 10, 20 weeks. Your experience may vary.)
- Phase 1 – Detoxification. Very restrictive. A large number of supplements.
- Phase 2 – Remove “Man-made foods” — Remove all processed/refined foods and nitrates.
- Phase 3 -Focused on physical and mental wellness.
- Requires supplements
Suggested Activity Level
- Focus on the third phase.
Suggested Further Reading from Amazon