A Review of the Mayo Clinic Diet
- Degree of Difficulty / 0= Extremely Hard, 100- Extremely Easy/ 45% 45%
- Level of Activity /0=Not included, 100= Activity is high/ 50% 50%
- Water Included in Diet /0=Not included, 100= Built into plan/ 100% 100%
- Maintenance Plan /0=No plan after initial weight loss, 100= Lifetime plan/ 100% 100%
The hypothesis of this diet is that dieters need to adopt a common-sense lifestyle that may help them trim down and maintain a healthier weight.
Ease for Dieter*
- Phase 1 Lose it – For two weeks the dieter will need to add 5 healthy habits, break 5 unhealthy habits and adopt 5 bonus habits
- Phase 2 Live it – Focus on portion sizes and ability to maintain healthy lifestyle
(*My impression is based on my research and how hard I think it would be to maintain this diet for 1, 6, 8, 10, 20 weeks. Your experience may vary.)
- Uses SMART goals
- Focuses on Long term success
- Uses the Food Pyramid
- The Plan
Suggested Activity Level
- 30 – 60 Minutes / Day most days of the week.
Suggested Further Reading from Amazon
The Mayo Clinic Diet, 2nd Edition
You must log in to post a comment.