A Review of the Ketogenic Diet
- Degree of Difficulty / 0= Extremely Hard, 100- Extremely Easy/ 20% 20%
- Level of Activity /0=Not included, 100= Activity is high/ 75% 75%
- Water Included in Diet /0=Not included, 100= Built into plan/ 100% 100%
- Maintenance Plan /0=No plan after initial weight loss, 100= Lifetime plan/ 100% 100%
The hypothesis of this diet is that a dieter can change their metabolism to burn fat as a primary source of fuel.
Ease for Dieter*
- The first two weeks cause the dieter to feel flu-like symptoms.
- Expectations of the diet are that the dieter has the fortitude of a professional athlete
(*My impressionis based on my research and how hard I think it would be to maintain for 1, 6, 8, 10, 20 weeks. Your experience may vary.)
- Low or no Carbs (less than 50 grams)/Sugar
- High Fat
- First two weeks are flu like.
- Used to treat Epilepsy (WebMD)
Suggested Activity Level
- Used by many athletes
- Exercise is expected