A Review of the French Women Diet
- Degree of Difficulty / 0= Extremely Hard, 100- Extremely Easy/ 50% 50%
- Level of Activity /0=Not included, 100= Activity is high/ 30% 30%
- Water Included in Diet /0=Not included, 100= Built into plan/ 100% 100%
- Maintenance Plan /0=No plan after initial weight loss, 100= Lifetime plan/ 100% 100%
They hypothesis of this diet is that eating smaller amounts of high quality food and really enjoying the food will lead to a better relationship with food. Dieters can also enjoy leak soup for a weekend to kick start weight loss.
Ease for Dieter*
- No forbidden foods
- Phase 1 – Note everything you eat for 3 weeks so that you can look at your habits critically and decide what to keep and what to remove.
- Phase 1.5 – Spend the first two days eating only leek soup and water.
- Phase 2 – Spend 3 months learning about French food, correct portions and drinking lots of water.
- Phase 3 – Maintain your weight by using your newly learned skills.
(*My impression is based on my research and how hard I think it would be to maintain for 1, 6, 8, 10, 20 weeks. Your experience may vary.)
- Natural Food (no processed foods)
- Eating slowly
- Food Quality over Quantity
- 3 consistent meals a day
- Food Journal
- A variation is to add a day of rest in after you’ve reach your weight goal. On this day you can eat “civilized” portions sizes.
Suggested Activity Level
- Walking and Light Weights
- Maintaining proper posture
- Maintaining proper breathing