SMART Goal Tool – Whole Month Tracker
Select a Tracker with the correct amount of structure for your SMART Goal.
SMART Goals Tool – Whole Month Tracker
Use this form to track a goal that you feel pretty confident in. For example, if you almost always drink water already, you may want to use this tracker.
Data Example :
On A Healthier Michigan I found some really good examples of SMART goals. Let’s look at the goal for Water.
“I will drink at least 64oz of water per day at least 5 days per week. I will drink a glass of water before drinking anything else; furthermore I will have water with every meal.”
- S – The goal is specific. The goal identifies who will drink the water, when the water will be drunk and how much.
- M – I can measure my success. I am successful if I drink water with each meal for a total of 64 ounces daily for 5 of 7 days each week.
- A – The goal is Attainable. The goal is realistic for most people within the time frame listed. It would be less attainable if the goal was for every day, something to keep in mind when writing your goals.
- R – The goal is realistic assuming that you are both willing and able to accomplish it.
- T – The time frame is specified.
Now lets use this goal as an example for the Smart Goal Tools below.
If you miss your mark on the indicated day you can decide if you want to pick one of the free days to meet the challenge (or miss your goal for the week). Too much water is bad for you so don’t try to make up a missed day by drinking twice as much the next day.
Form Example :
To fill in form :
- MY Specific Goal: I will drink a glass of water before drinking anything else and have water with every meal for 5 days this week. I will drink at least 64 ounces of water 5 days this week.
- Target Date : Sunday Date
- Each Day :
- Goal Time or Amount: Enter the amount you will be drinking. 64 ounces on 5 days. Remember to enter 0 on your two days off.
- Goal Steps / Solutions: Enter steps like “I will leave a glass on the table to remind myself to drink water”. You can also give yourself a focus for the day. “I will fill my coffee cup with water and drink it before I will have any coffee.” Alternately you can leave a note to yourself. “I will be successful today!”.
- Success! Leave this blank for now. At the end of each day come back and put a giant X in the box to indicate your success! There is room for 4 weeks on the form. Week one put an X in the oval with the faint number one.
- Remember to mark off each week you are successful in the bottom right hand column.
- Reward : This is your big reward week. You have been successful for 4 weeks! Make every reward meaningful to you and representative of how much effort went into making the goal. Making your goal is an accomplishment. Take time to be proud of yourself and reward yourself.
Customize your tracker and Hang it / Post it where you will see it every day
These tracker tools are editable PDF’s. That means you can open the document, edit it in your browser and then print or save it (click here for form help). You can also print the document and hand write your information if you prefer. Do what works for you. Place the printed document where you can see it every day. In a way, this is your promise to yourself. I place mine on the refrigerator door so I see it every time I walk through the kitchen. I have a friend who tapes it to the mirror in her bathroom.
If you don’t have a printer, find an electronic place you will visit often to remind yourself each day.